Work for an agricultural contractor for the 2020/2021 season!
Have you recently been made redundant or are looking for a new job? Do you have good driving skills? Working as a driver and machinery operator for an agricultural contractor is a great way to learn new skills, have some fun and earn good money.
You also get to enjoy the benefits of working in an industry built around teamwork and working hard. From gaining new skills, using modern equipment to meeting like-minded people.
Our agricultural contractors have seasonal work from September 2020 through to May 2021. These jobs are across New Zealand and cover a broad range of work.
This includes areas like tractor driving, silage work, rake operators – We will match your skills with the right job. Previous experience is good to have, but not required.
You will need to undertake industry-specific and on the job training, before starting work as a machinery operator for an agricultural contractor. This will help ensure that you’re prepared and capable of completing the required tasks.
In addition, you will also
- Have good spatial awareness (able to navigate large machinery through gates, into sheds etc)
- Be comfortable taking and following instructions
- Respectful of people and property
- Hold a valid drivers license
- Be reliable, honest, hard-working and a good listener
- Happy to work extended hours when required
- Flexible, adaptable and a good team player
- Capable of working unsupervised
- Committed to getting the job done and completing to work to a high standard
- Be able to carry out basic maintenance on machinery and equipment (with a common sense approach)
To summarise, the right person will be practical, prepared to work long hours during the peak season and be a quick learner.
Does this sound like you? If it does, apply now or contact Richard and the team to find out more.
In short, HanzonJobs is a seasonal agricultural agency with a difference. Richard Houston, the founder, has an insider’s understanding of what it is like for workers and employers, having been on both sides of the ledger. He also has 20+ years’ industry experience, practical knowledge and contacts across New Zealand. Have a read of our testimonials or about page to find out more.