We’re hiring Maize and Beet Planter Drivers for the 2020/2021 contracting season!
Do you have experience operating Maize and Beet Planters? Take the helm again, driving the latest and greatest equipment.
This is also a good opportunity to increase your skill set and work in a rewarding environment. Applications from overseas are welcome too.
Maize & Beet Planter Driver
As a Maize and Beet Planter Driver, you will need to be able to operate machinery (to a high standard) and be happy to work extended hours, during peak season.
Our contractors have seasonal work from September 2020 through to May 2021.
- Operating Maize and Beet Planters (or other precision planting equipment)
- Driving vehicles equipped with GPS steering
- Have worked with a variety of soil types
- Knowledge of how soil types impact seed depth
- Able to carry out basic maintenance on machinery and equipment
- Hold a full car license (at minimum)
You will also be
- Good with numbers in general
- Reliable, honest, hard working and a good listener
- Able to work long and variable hours
- Flexible, adaptable and a good team player
- Capable of working unsupervised
- Able to operate with precision
- Committed to getting the job done and completing work to a high standard
To sum up, the ideal person will have past experience operating Maize and Beet Planters, know their soil types and be prepared to put the hard yards in, when there’s work to be done.
Are you already in-touch with us? Great! Apply now, or contact Richard directly.
In short, HanzonJobs is a seasonal agricultural agency with a difference. Richard Houston, the founder, has an insider’s understanding of what it is like for workers and employers, having been on both sides of the ledger. He also has 20+ years’ industry experience, practical knowledge and contacts across NZ. Have a read of our testimonials or about page to find out more.