Thinking outside the box and changing course in difficult times
HanzonJobs.com is the result of a collaboration between international recruitment businesses based in Golden Bay, severely disrupted by Covid-19.
HanzonJobs has not been able to bring workers from Ireland and the United Kingdom to New Zealand. Global Career HQ candidates have been unable to travel internationally to start jobs in the United Kingdom, Qatar and New Zealand.
Redeploying what we know, what we have and what we do
As a result, faced with this bleak reality, we got together and made the following decisions:
- Stick to our core business of “helping people find jobs”
– if ever there was a need for what we do, now is the time
- Use what we know and what we have built
– utilise staff and business infrastructure capability
- Focus internally, not externally
– international travel could be disrupted for a very long time
- Shift focus from helping people find jobs overseas
– to help people find work locally
- Help people from industries most affected by Covid-19
– identify transferable skills and build re-training into our business
Combining the deep industry knowledge of HanzonJobs with the business capability and team of GCHQ, this campaign to find agricultural machinery operators for the upcoming season is the result of our collaboration over the past 6 weeks.
We hope this collaboration is the start of an enduring business relationship which will secure existing jobs for now, and create more jobs for others in our community in the future.